Just a few short thoughts on what I’m going to try and cover on this blog as and when time permits and to invite any thoughts:
This is mainly a ‘to do’ list for me, however please leave a comment if you’d like me to bash together thoughts on any other aspect of policing which involves mental health issues … there are loads more, but these will be the priority:
- Liaison and diversion in custody for criminal suspects who are mentally ill.
- The prosecution of psychiatric (in)patients
- The police and ‘Crisis Intervention Training’
- s136 Mental Health Act – parts 2 and 3
- MHA assessments on private premises s135 Mental Health Act – the challenge for AMHPs!
- AWOL patients
- Police support for the enforced medication, seclusion or transfer of patients
Finally – this doesn’t all have to be serious so I’ll thank those who have given early support to this embryonic blog by sharing the police mentalhealth song … enjoy!