I’m off work on holiday from tomorrow, so I’m not going to blog again until at least mid June. I’m imposing a social media ban upon myself whilst I go to Cornwall and do ‘Dad’ things, read some books and see good friends with my wife and son.
Thanks to all for the support the blog has recently received, especially as May has been a record month of interest and use. The Quick Guides seem to be getting used if the blog hits are anything to go by and I’ve had emails to say they were effective in altering outcomes – that’s what this blog is all about.
When I get back, I’m going to start thinking about bringing the blog to life with different types of resources as I try my hand at a podcast and some other stuff that could be used as training or briefing materials.
I hope you all have a great Jubilee Bank Holiday and a relaxing half-term. I want to leave you a short video to think about; something which caused me to really think. It is a five-minute speed-lecture, a rapid tour de force, by Liz Kearton entitled “Madness, Reason and Unreason.” I put it up to get you really thinking – it should do so regardless of whether you end up nodding or shouting!
The Mental Health Cop blog
– won the ConnectedCOPS ‘Top Cop’ Award for leveraging social media in policing.
– won the Digital Media Award from the UK’s leading mental health charity, Mind
– won a World of Mentalists #TWIMAward for the best in mental health blogs
– was highlighted by the Independent Commission on Policing & Mental Health
– was referenced in the UK Parliamentary debate on Policing & Mental Health
– was commended by the Home Affairs Select Committee of the UK Parliament.