- This guide is indicative only and there may well be very local services in your area which are more appropriate to the below, or represent alternative options.
- In the first instance, individuals can be signposted to their GP for a detailed list of available local services, or they could be listed via the website of the local Clinical Commissioning Group. << This link just requires postcode or area to identify the relevant CCG area.
- NHS Direct – tel: 111; website: http://www.nhsdirect.nhs.uk << 24hrs a day, 7days a week.
- Samaritans – tel: 08457 909090; email: firstname.lastname@example.org << 24hrs a day, 7days a week.
- Mind general helpline (9am – 6pm) – tel: 0300 123 3393; email: email@example.com; website: http://www.samaritans.org
- Mind legal helpline (9am – 6pm) – tel: 0300 466 6463; email: firstname.lastname@example.org; website: http://www.mind.co.uk << Particular advice around mental health law.
- SANEline (6pm – 11pm) – tel: 0845 767 8000; website: http://www.sane.org.uk
- No Panic (10am – 10pm) – tel: 0800 138 8889; website: http://www.nopanic.org.uk
- Alcohol Concern – tel: 0800 917 8282 << Includes where the find local alcohol related services.
- Childline – tel: 0800 1111; website: http://www.childline.org.uk << 24hrs a day, 7days a week.
- National Domestic Violence Helpline – tel: 0808 2000 247 << run by Women's Aid and Refuge.
- Men’s Advice Line (domestic violence) – tel: 0808 801 0327, email: email@example.com
This post is the unfinished article – will be adding to it as suggestions roll in.