CLICK THE ANSWER TO EACH QUESTION FOR A LINK TO THE MORE DETAILED BLOG.
If anyone wants anything else answered, please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org:
POLICE FAQs ABOUT MENTAL HEALTH JOBS –
- We’ve arrested someone s136 – how do we deal with it properly?
- A psychiatric inpatient has assaulted a nurse (or other patient) – can we or should we arrest them?
- An AMHP wants police support at an MHA assessment – should we go and do we need to ask for a warrant?
- A&E are asking us to arrest someone under s136 and remove them to the PoS – can we / should we do this; aren’t they a Place of Safety?!
- A detained patient has gone missing or failed to return – who is responsible for getting him back?
- An MHA patient has gone missing or failed to return – can we arrest them and can we force entry to a premises in order to do so?
- A informal patient has gone missing – can we bring him back?
- A offender in custody has been ‘sectioned’ but it’s a serious offence – what do we do?
- We’re at a job in a private place where someone is threatening suicide – what can we do?
- The NHS can’t or won’t respond to a private premises – can we use the Mental Capacity Act?
- I’m thinking about using the Mental Capacity Act – how do I decide about someone’s ‘capacity’?
- We’re being asked to restrain a patient so they can administer medication – can we / should we do this?
- We’re being asked to move a psychiatric patient from one MH unit to another – can we / should we do this?
- We’ve arrested someone from another area and the AMHPs are disputing who should do the assessment – who legal responsibility is it?
NHS / SOCIAL CARE FAQs ABOUT POLICING RESPONSES –
- < More to follow shortly. >
- I see so many different ranks of police officer and I don’t know who is in charge! – what does it all mean?
The Mental Health Cop blog won the Mind 2012 Digital Media Award, in memory and in honour of Mark Hanson.
The Awards celebrate the “best portrayals of and reporting on mental health in the media.”