Hello! – and welcome to my award-winning BLOG which has been running for four years and has been used over a million times. You can read my LATEST POST, access the most commonly used resources and learning more about why I’ve become so interested in this relationship between policing, mental health and criminal justice.
If you’re not sure how to navigate your way around the BLOG, THIS PAGE will put you just one click away from the most used resources I’ve produced.
It struck me recently that we may have reached the peak of attention to mental health as a top issue in policing – there are various indicators that interest is waning. This new post muses on some reasons for and implications of that, whilst aiming to remind us all that we haven’t actually achieved most of what we need to do.
UPDATES & ANNOUNCEMENTS
– Part One – general framework affecting all detainees.
– Part Two – issues variously affecting detainess.
– Part Three – how PACE relates to the MHA in custody.
– Part Four – detailed vignettes on PACE / MHA.
– The new Code came into effect on 01st April 2015
– Summarised highlights for police officers
– Please read chapters 16, 17, 27 and 28.
Temporary Reduction in Output!
I’m in the process of updating, tidying and re-indexing all 500+ posts on this blog. As such, I’ll be writing less until this is complete. I changed the ‘theme’ of the BLOG some months ago so this is well overdue and will ensure old posts don’t look odd!
Feel free to email me – I aim to reply within a few days, wherever possible!