Hello! — this page will take you straight to the most commonly used features of my blog and you can read my LATEST POST HERE –
Ahead of the Home Secretary’s speech to the #PolFed15 Police Federation Conference, her announcements about policing and mental health are widely trailed. This post is a few early thoughts ahead of the speech and I may add to it once I’ve heard it at 11:00 (BST UK) — there is stuff here to welcome, there is stuff here to be cautious about and there is stuff that is simply not here at all!
UPDATES & ANNOUNCEMENTS
– The new Code came into effect on 01st April 2015
– Summarised highlights for police officers
– Please read chapters 16, 17, 27 and 28.
A Temporary Reduction in Output!
I’m in the process of updating, tidying and re-indexing all 500+ posts on this blog. As such, I’ll be writing less until this is complete. I changed the ‘theme’ of the BLOG some months ago so this is well overdue and will ensure old posts don’t look odd!
HOW TO USE THIS BLOG
To open up the full blog, click the small grey box in the top right corner which will take you to the full menu and to the search tool.
The easist way to make sure you receive new posts, is to sign up to follow the blog by email. You can do this by opening up the grey box (top right). There is a place within to enter your email address or to follow on WordPress and you’ll be notified each time a new post is published.
Here are the most used areas —
- Quick Guides – a series of legal and practical summaries for operational police officers about the most important scenarios that emerge under the Mental Health and Capacity Acts.
- Paramedic Series – posts written specifically for my colleagues in green about the various aspects of how these two 999 services interact with each other.
- Main Index – a full index to all the posts I’ve written, categorised by the various issues within this Venn Diagram.
Feel free to use the contact section below if you want to email me – I will try my best to respond within a few days!