The Quick Guides series is intended to be a selection of very short, very punchy posts which summarise issues to an absolute minimum of information.
The intention is that they are short enough to be a ‘refresher’ for officers before, after or even during operational incidents. (This page and others can be saved as icons or bookmarks on SmartPhones for ease of reference).
So the blogs I’ve published are each under 300 words but contain links to the longer articles and other guidance:
- The Mental Health Act 1983 – England / Wales
- s136 and Places of Safety
- s135 and Assessments on Private Premises
- Absent / Absconded: timeframes to detain
- What Do All The Sections Mean?! …
- The Mental Capacity Act 2005
- Recalls and Revocations: CTOs and s42 MHA.
- Knowledge Check
- The Mental Health (Care and Treatment) Act (Scotland) 2003 – Scotland
- s297 and Places of Safety
- s293 and Assessments on Private Premises
- The Mental Health Order 1986 – Northern Ireland
- a130 and Places of Safety
- a129 and Assessments on Private Premises
- Generic to all UK jurisdictions
- Signposting Patients
- Red Flags
- Should I Stay or Should I Go
- Mental Health Crisis in Private Premises
- Rave Risks
All feedback gratefully received and I’m happy to do a similar kind of blog on other subjects, if needed.