This page provides the quickest route to the most used areas – to open up the contents page, click the small grey icon in the top right corner –
This icon, top right!
Once you’ve opened the contents, you can either select from the various sections or enter search terms to find relevant BLOGS, for example, “Section 5 MHA” –
Here are the most used areas —
- Quick Guides – a series of legal and practical summaries for operational police officers about the most important scenarios that emerge under the Mental Health and Capacity Acts.
- Policing and Crime Act Series – in 2017, the Mental Health Act will be amended and this series of posts contains various resources, summaries and commentaries on the new law relating to police powers under the MHA.
- Paramedic Series – posts written specifically for my colleagues in green about the various aspects of how these two 999 services interact with each other.
- PACE for Beginners – this series of four posts is written with non-police officers in mind and it is a guide to the Police and Criminal Evidence Act 1984. It hopes to provide an overview of the law of detention in police custody.
- Main Index – a full index to all the posts I’ve written, somewhat roughly categorised by the various issues I’ve covered. I will freely admit: this is no longer up to date as the blog has grown in size beyond what I originally imagined!
Winner of the Mind Digital Media Award.